Wednesday, June 24, 2009

RAFT and Pride Plans!

So it seems that summer vacay agrees with me; hell, last summer at this time I was frantically trying to get everything together for our lil marriage ceremony at the county clerk's office. I'm just grateful we managed to get hitched during the 4.5 month window of equality afforded us; hey, it was nice to be a full-fledged member of society while it lasted. . .anyway, this too shall pass.

My wifey was quite surprised to see me fully dressed sitting on the couch when she returned from the gym at 9:30 am; knowing me, she assumed I insisted that our RAFT excursion wouldn't start until at least 1pm. By 10:30, Sue, Berdine, and I were rolling down 880 in Diana's van discussing our former students who had spend the year in Berdine's world history class--fun, fun, fun!

RAFT is such a mind-boggling place--so many strange things to ponder--as in, what in the hell could I use that for in my classroom? Or WOW! who thinks up all these clever uses for such strange items! I did manage to find plenty of things to load into my cart though, I'll take a pic or 2 so you can see some of my cool finds--like 12-sided dice!



Lunch at Panera was delicious and entertaining, of course, picking on Berdine is always entertaining! I truly enjoyed my RAFT adventure, especially when Kelly & Jane saw the monkeys we brought them! (way to go, Minion!)

After setting up my Goodreads account and taking a nap, my wifey and I watched episodes 3&4 of TrueBlood season 1; such a trippy series! I think I have vampires on the brain lately between TrueBlood and reading the House of Night series by the Casts. I think I can feel my fangs coming in; so you might wanna be careful if I look like I might bite ya. LOL

Just for the record, planning for Pride weekend is never really that easy--too many contingencies to consider--plans to meet up with friends--arrangements to take the kids to the parade--where will we park--which day are we going to the festival--what to wear to the club--yikes! I think our plans are about half-baked at this point: Friday night check into Hyatt, go to Lollipop, get some Zzzzzs. Saturday, breakfast, hook up with J&B to hit the festival, head to Mark's partay, drive to San Ramon to pick up the kids, get some Zzzzzs. Sunday, BART to Embarcadero, Starbucks, watch the parade with the kids, traditional post-parade lunch at Chevy's, BART to East Bay, watch Transformers with the kids, take said kids home, collapse on couch!

It's only Tuesday, and I'm already tired thinking about the weekend! LOL Pride weekend RULES!

No comments:

Post a Comment