Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mmm, pico de gallo, relaxation, and Dexter jewelry!



So let's just jump to the highlight of the day, a gigantic vat (okay styrofoam container) of some of the yummiest pico de gallo in the Bay Area. After my eye exam (new Rx so I can get new glasses--woohoo!) at UC Kaiser, I decided to cruise on up to Tennyson to snag some yumminess (& a couple of burritos) for dinner. This put a smile on the wifey's face as we avoided the dreaded "what are we having for dinner?" saga for the third night in a row!

Other than that, it was a highly uneventful day--yes! After a crazy year including the world's best combo class and 36 units of grad school, I really really really really really need some quiet, uneventful calm days at home! I crawled outta bed at 11:30 :) A couple more days like this and I might start feeling like a living being again; I'm pretty sure my wifey will appreciate that!

Speaking of my wifey, her anniversary present came in the mail today. She's already trying to pry outta me what it is, but she is shit out of luck cuz I'm not telling. It's driving her crazy cuz she claims she has no idea what to get for me. She's been threatening to just give me a Borders card--not that I would mind that. Actually, I think she might be waiting for me to go shopping and send her cell phone pix of the items I want. Hey, it worked perfectly for me before--sent her a pic of the r/c FJCruiser I wanted for Xmas 2007 and politely set it as her phone's wallpaper to gently remind her of the perfect gift--my FJCruiser rules! I wonder if it would work for a Kindle. . .

Anyone else watch Dexter on Showtime? Tamara & I love the show; it's so deliciously twisted! The company (loveandpride.com) that made our wedding bands sent us an email today announcing their new Dexter inspired jewelry line. We have been thinking about replacing our bands. . . I love that it has both of our colors on it! Hmmm. . .

1 comment:

  1. I love those rings..I say you should go for it..I am a ring person..diamonds are my thing..Julie does not like my diamond rings, but think as time goes by she will want them when I am no longer around..:)

    ReplyDelete